Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Entry 25: A Big Thank You to the City Of Liberty

Well, almost every district in the Kansas City metro was out of school today due to ice and snow including Liberty. This is nice for most teachers because they get to stay home; but not the METC representatives from Liberty. (They will be home later this afternoon.)

When I woke up this morning I realized that there was a lot of snow on the driveway. I should point out that Lance normally removes all the snow from the driveway but he was gone and he has a cold. Therefore, I decided to do it I was outside for about an hour and I had half of the driveway done when a middle school student came by and finished what I had not in about 15 minutes flat. She was a VERY SWEET young lady. Although, I must admit that I felt really old when she was running across the driveway at what seemed like lightning speed. (A little like turtle and the hare, except the hare actually wins.) Then, as I was just about to finish the front porch, the mail lady showed up and finished it for me. It took her like 2 minutes but still another very nice lady.

What I learned today was although I had planned to shovel alone a couple of random acts of kindness from two different people can get things done a lot faster. It also makes you realize what a great city Liberty really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world is so full of wonderful people - I am
so glad that Julie encountered two of them. Random acts of kindness
always brightens a day - let's all pass it along...Love, Mom