Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Entry Three: The Proposal

I stated in an earlier post that Julie and I became engaged on November 21st, but since I never explained how we did it here you go. Julie stayed over the night of the 20th because we were leaving early in the morning to go to her parents house for the Thanksgiving holiday. I had bought 2 dozen roses the day before and dropped them off at my friend Eric's house and planned it out with him to drop them off at my house around 5 in the morning. I let the dog out of the house that morning and when I did I called Eric and he brought the flowers right over. When I got the flowers I began laying them out in a trail from the room Julie was staying in to the living room along with a trail of red ribbon. The only problem I had with this plan is that I laid the ring box next to the couch, and a few minutes later I saw the dog in the corner chewing the box. After I checked the ring and saw it was okay, the dog was placed in the garage. I then sat in the living room waiting for Julie to wake up. When Julie woke up she followed the roses and ribbon to the living room and I proposed from there. The rest is history for now. You can see pictures of what the roses and ribbon looked like below.


No comments: